BIOFACH WORLD, the parent show takes place annually in Germany where APEDA is present every year with the India Pavilion. The event is further supported by prominent organic associations: International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movement (IFOAM), International Competence Centre of Organic Agriculture (ICCOA), Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI), Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI), and Association of Indian Organic Industry (AIOI) converging at a common platform to strengthen the Indian organic movement.
BIOFACH INDIA was launched in the year 2009 and the first two editions were held in Mumbai. Thereafter together with co-operation from the Govt. of Karnataka the show moved to Bangalore and three editions of the show in 2011, 2012 and 2013 were held there. Once again in 2014, together with co-operation from the Govt. of Kerala two editions of the show in 2014 and 2015 were held in Kochi, Kerala. In 2016, the show moved to Delhi as a pre-cursor to the Organic World Congress in 2017 which was hosted in India for the 1st time and was a grand success.
APEDA is the Joint Organizers of BIOFACH INDIA since 2018 & we were successful in the organization of a grand event in 2018 and 2019 under the dynamic leadership and vision of APEDA. We were also honored to have the esteemed presence of Shri. Suresh Prabhu, the former Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation as our Honorable “Chief Guest” at the official inauguration ceremony of the 10th edition of the event in 2018.
Some key highlights of BIOFACH INDIA :
- BIOFACH INDIA is part of the BIOFACH WORLD family, which includes events in Germany, USA, China, Japan, Thailand and Brazil. The event has been successful in highlighting INDIA’s presence on the world map on the topic of “ORGANIC FARMING”.
- Networking with 200+ private brands from verticals such as food, beverages, natural care & wellness, cosmetics, textiles, certification agencies, consultation etc. The show also witnesses several prominent states of India displaying their organic/natural produce through organized pavilions.
- International Pavilions, themed pavilion by APEDA.
- International Buyer’s Delegation – 100+ buyers from all over the world attending to extend their network and explore the India market and develop new procurement sources.
- Knowledge - International Conference to provide insights into the growing organic market.
- Farmer’s Market – themed “organic for my plate and palate”
- Consumer Connect
- Participation from all Majore Organic products State like Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Bihar, Meghalaya, Karnataka, Tripura, Chattisgarh, Assam, Uttrakhand, Manipur, Nagaland, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Arunachal Pradesh etc.
- To create the largest, unified, international level platform under the aegis of Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, by bringing together all the stakeholders of Organic products sector.
- Bring together the entire spectrum at one place. Also bring in various service providers and International experts to disseminate relevant information and educate the organic industry in multiple fields such as Access to Finance, Productivity enhancement, Technology Up-Gradation, Better Supply Chain Management, Market Access, Linkages and skill development etc.
- The platform will provide the opportunity to Organic companies to showcase their products and connect and collaborate with prospective stakeholders including International businesses. The platform will also aim to connect small enterprises with the supply chain of large domestic enterprises as well.
- Invite Foreign Investors to collaborate with the companies and invest in the innovative business ideas of Indian organic companies.
- Today around 12 million youth join the workforce every year in the country and providing them employment is a big challenge. Creating self-employment could be the best solution to this problem. Hence the event shall encourage and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship. The focus would also be on creating new jobs in unconventional areas.
Intended Outcome :
The event shall discuss the existing policies and come out with suggestions (if required) to upgrade the Policy framework:
- B2B Meetings with Overseas Buyers, Domestic Buyers, Financial Institutions, Technology Providers and Other Service Providers shall be organized to facilitate the manufacturers to sell, collaborate and expand.
- The participants would be educated about the latest trends and technology used in Organic & Natural products sectors which will enable them to scale their productivity and quality which shall increase their exports and contribution in GDP.
- The Platform will be attended by multiple foreign players which will impart knowledge about Market Access to their markets and specific requirements of such markets.
- The event will give exposure to International best practices which will strengthen the Indian industrial Clusters in terms of quality, technology and management. It will also create an opportunity to tie up with foreign companies.
- Various opportunities are available within the sector and investment commitments from larger Manufacturers and Service Providers from domestic as well as global markets shall be done through MoUs and JVs.
- New Entrepreneurship opportunities shall be created at grass root level with the help of multiple stake holders including Financial Institutions, Educational Institutes and big corporates.